Author: Otto August Katzer (1899-1975) editor
Publisher: Schachverlag Otto Katzer
84 pages (24 issues) with diagrams, tables, photographs, illustrations and index. Quarto (11 3/4" x 8 1/4") bound in original publisher's green cloth with gilt lettering to spine and insignia to cover. First edition.
Schach-Echo was founded in 1932 as an organ for Catholic Chess associations by Otto Katzer, who edited and published the monthly journal. It ceased publication in 1943 due to the war. It restarted in 1953. Kater succeeded in getting many of the great chess players of the time (Max Euwe, Salo Flohr, Paul Keres, Luduk Pachman, Hans Hans Muller, Lothar Schmid and others) to assist in contributing to the journal. The journal contained reports on upcoming tournaments, opening theoretical contributions and a section for chess composition. When Otto Katzer died in 1976, his son Gerhard assumed the management of the magazine until 1981. Charles Raes and Siegbert Rieger took over editor-ship and continued until 1992, when Carl Ed became editor.
Spine hesad bumped, age toning to pages corners bumped else very good.