Author: Jan Dobruská, Oldøich Duras and Václav Kautsky (editors)
Publisher: Bosch, Prokes and Silka
192 pages with diagrams, tables and index. Royal octavo (9" x 6 1/2") bound in three quarter pebbled cloth with marbled boards. Volume IV. Published monthly. (Bibliotheca van der Linde-Niemeijeriana: 5985) First edition.
One of the earliest chess magazines published in Czechoslovakia. It was first published in 1906-07, and with volume five was published in the complete year 1911. In 1920 changed its name to Èasopis èeskoslovenských šachistù and continued through the German occupation, but changed its name again to šachistù. Its early editors were Jan Dobruská, Oldøich Duras and Václav Kautsky. It included correspondence chess and had a very good problem department.
Back board stained at heal edge, rebound else about very good.