Author: B[aruch] H[arold] Wood [editor]
Place: Sutton Coldfield
390 pages with diagrams, photographs, tables, plates, original wrappers bound in. Octavo (9" x 5 1/2") in brown boards with gilt lettering to spine. Complete. Volume 46 numbers 851-874. (Betts: 7-91) First edition.
Wood founded the magazine CHESS, which became one of the two leading chess magazines in Great Britain. He edited it until 1988, when it was taken over by Pergamon Press. The magazine absorbed The Social Chess Quarterly July 1936 and the Canadian Chessner, August 1937. The later was continued as Canadian Supplement, published in Montreal in typescript and inserted in Canadian members subscribers' copies of the Chess (edited by Dudley M Leain))
Occasional pencil marginalia else a very good copy.