Schach-Echo

  • $100.00
    Unit price per 


Author: Otto August Katzer, editor (1899-1975)

Year: 1936

Publisher: Schachverlag Otto Katzer

Place: Königstein

Description:

296 pages with illustrations, diagrams and drawings. Octavo (8 3/4 x 6 1/4") bound in stiff boards. Volume 5. (Bibliotheca van der Linde-Niemeijeriana: 6094) First edition.

Schach-Echo was founded in 1932 as an organ for Catholic Chess associations by Otto Katzer, who edited and published the monthly journal. It ceased publication in 1943 due to the war. It restarted in 1953. Katzer succeeded in getting many of the great chess players of the time (Max Euwe, Salo Flohr, Paul Keres, Ludìk Pachman, Hans Hans Müller, Lothar Schmid and others) to assist in contributing to the journal. The journal contained reports on upcoming tournaments, opening theoretical contributions and a section for chess composition. When Otto Katzer died in 1976, his son Gerhard assumed the management of the magazine until 1981. Charles Raes and Siegbert Rieger took over editor-ship and continued until 1992, when Carl Ed became editor.

Condition:

Pages darkened, with some pages edge chipped, hinges cracked, spine ends chipped, soiled, heavy wear, some check marks in text a fair copy.